WELCOME TO OUR SOCIETY
Here you’ll be judged on what you wear, your taste in music, what you look like and the language you speak.
Here is where the residents decide to look at your skin colour, your height, your weight and practically every other personal trait and “‘imperfection'” about you,..and NOT at the beating heart inside.
Here you’ll be criticised for believing in a certain God; where people only ‘pretend’ to be happy; where kids no longer play tag, but watch TV and YouTube for 5 hours a day and where every 9 year old has an iPhone.
Enjoy your stay.
Tips and Guidelines:
- You’re considered ‘cool’ if you do things that can positively kill you.
- You’re considered ‘hot’ if you show some skin.
- The country that has the lead in weapons of mass destruction is considered to be the most powerful. Killing others makes you powerful. How fun.
- 15 seconds of fame is valued more than a lifetime of meaning and purpose. (You have no idea.)
- Slips of paper with printed numbers is valued more than life in itself. So do anything to get them and you’ll be on top of the world. Oh yeah.
- Starving yourself for the perfect body earns you millions and supposedly makes you happy. Mm? Uh, yep.
- People are divided into many parts. You have the Diplomats, Workers, Freelancers, and the Currently Unemployed. If you are lucky enough to be born directly into the Diplomat level, you are set.
- “”DEVELOPMENT”” means burning down the things that bloody keep us alive. (Um..How about trees?). No kidding.
Yep, this is exactly how it works here.
- Polluted air
- Corrupt leaders
- Neighbours who barely know who lives next door
- Contaminated water
- Intolerable climate change
- Extinct and endangered animals
- A full dose of lies from everywhere you turn
- A large teaspoon of swear words on roads
- An ultra large mega-size container full of people who remain oblivious to ALL THIS.
But why? Why all the priveliges? Simple.
Because this is the ‘modern’ world. And we, are extremely delighted and absolutely glad to offer you the best of these services.
So once again, enjoy your stay.
A warm welcome from the manager and the people:
Please feel free to be yourself.
Make sure to love your body – not too much or we’ll tear you down. We’ll bully you for smiling and criticize if you frown.
We’ll tell you that you’re worthless, and that you shouldn’t make a sound, and pretend to cry with all the others as you lay buried in the ground. You can love anyone, as long as it’s someone we choose. Ah yes.
You can have your opinions; but shape them to our views. (Or, of course you’ll be crushed to death).
So welcome to our society. We promise we won’t deceive.
But one more rule now that you’re here – There’s no way you can leave.
Thank You for choosing us.
With the Best of Regards.
P.S: The hell with this. I wasn’t particularly happy in writing this at all, but sometime in the middle I got so angry that I wanted to brutally blurt out all the hidden misfortunes and the sad conditions of our society.
But, I decided to publish this on the hope that WE as today’s generation rise up against this. Practically speaking, if THOSE people had the pluck to transform our beautiful earth to THIS condition, then we have all the more guts and courage to change it back AGAIN. I mean, why not?
They say it’s not really possible. But aren’t WE the ones who make impossible possible?